|Visit Teaching is My Calling to link up!|
Digital Learning Day is February 1, 2012! This is nationwide celebration that encourages student engagement and personalized education through the use of technology and digital media. It is a day to try something new and/or highlight successes. This linky party is to do just that! Share your favorite technology blog, blog post, or lesson plan. Let us know your Digital Learning Day plans. I'm looking forward to learning many new things!
February 1, 2012, is Digital Learning Day. It is a nationwide celebration to encourage student engagement and personalized education through the use of technology and digital media. Share your favorite technology post, or gather great ideas to help your students celebrate Digital Learning Day!
Now to my post. My students enjoy technology and digital learning. In our classroom we use many different sites in our classroom.
- http://internet4classrooms.com/ A great website with links to interactive lessons, Power Points, web quests and much more for grades K-12.
- http://www.hippocampus.org Digital learning for middle and high school students
- http://www.freerice.com/#/english-vocabulary/1436 Great vocabulary builder and helps the needy at the same time.
- http://vodcasting.ning.com/ Great information about a Flipped classroom
- http://www.brainpop.com/ Great paid-site for videos, games, and printables for different subjects and grades.
- http://www.wordle.net/ Great for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide.
- http://yucky.discovery.com/flash/ Great site for science learning
- http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/createAgraph/ Site for creating all different types of graphs
- http://rubistar.4teachers.org/ A site for creating rubrics for the classroom
I hope you enjoy the sites