Discovery Education and CDW Government (CDW-G) have launched the Win a Wireless Lab Sweepstakes to give schools a chance to acquire new technology for their district.
Three grand prize winners will receive a package of new technology valued at $45,000. Now in its 10th year, the contest will award a total of $200,000 in prizes.
Grand prize winners will receive:
- $5,000 from a digital media grant through Discovery Education;
- 20 notebook or tablet computers from HP, Lenovo, or Toshiba;
- Three wireless access points from Cisco;
- One mobile cart from Ergotron;
- One interactive whiteboard from PolyVision;
- 24 student response devices from Qwizdom;
- One document camera from Aver; and
- One multifunction printer from HP.
The contest is open to all K-12 schools both public and private. School employees can enter their school once per day at the contest now until May 3. Entries can also be made viaTwitter.
Schools can also submit a 30-second video about how they would spread the word about the contest in order to win a Kindle Fire and for a chance to be featured on Facebook. Written essays about how the school is promoting the contest and how they would use the technology may also be submitted.
Selected videos will be posted on the contest's Facebook page, and entrants will be eligible for additional prizes through a separate drawing.
Contest winners will be announced this summer.
Contest information and rules are available at discoveryeducation.com/cdwg andtwitter.com/winwirelesslab. Information is also available at the Win a Wireless Lab Facebook page.
For more information about the contest sponsors, visit cdwg.com and the Discovery Education web site at discoveryeducation.com.