Each class period begins with the reading of the agenda and roll call theme. Students have the opportunity to answer the roll call theme as roll is called instead of saying here students answer the roll call questions. If the student does not want to share they say "pass". Many teachers have forgone roll call to save time. Although a roll call theme can be used to show your students you care about them, as well as find out new and interesting things about your students. My students look forward to the roll call theme and suggestion new roll call themes each day. I have listed some below to get you started. I am always looking for new questions to ask my students, so please share any ideas you may have.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- If you could have any super power what would it be?
- What is your favorite color?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- Do you want to move when you grow up or stay in ________?
- If you could meet anyone who would that be?
- If you could go anywhere where would that be?
- What college do you want to go to?
- Where were you born?
- What is/was your favorite cartoon?
- What color is your toothbrush?
- Do you have any pets?
- What is your favorite candy bar?
- How many states have you visited?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?