here. You can get $48.00 of printing for $12.00. I have talked about various ways of using Vista Print in the classroom and you can find those ideas here. I hope this is helpful for everyone!
Sunday, January 6, 2013
I was also so very excited to find out that I won Miss Klohn's 1,000 follower giveaway. I look forward to using all of the great resources I won with my students. I'm going to go work at school tomorrow to get the resources ready to go so I can use them with my kids. I'll post pictures soon.
Thank you to all the following bloggers for providing the resources:
- Lindsay from My Life as a Third Grade Teacher
- Michelle from Just Wild About Teaching
- Lisa from Fourth and Ten
- Jana from Thinking Out Loud
- HoJo from HoJo's Teaching Adventures
- Jen from Hello Mrs. Sykes
- Kim from Finding JOY in 6th Grade
- Gladys from Teaching in High Heels
- Ari from The Science Penguin
- Kate from Second Grade Sparkle
- Amber from Adventures of a Third Grade Teacher
- Latoya from Flying into First Grade
- Tammy from Teaching FSL
- Kristen from Ladybug's Teacher Files
- Christina from *Bunting, Books, and Bainbridge
- Lacie from Polka Dots and Pencils
- Sally from Elementary Matters
- Heather from Teach It Today!
- Erin from Small Types
- Corinna from Surfin' Through Second
- Farley from Oh' Boy 4th Grade
- Gina from Third Grade Tidbits
- Krista from Stellar Students
- Rebecca from Teaching First
at 8:00 AM
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
- Providing multiple opportunities to use words
- Relating unfamiliar words to familiar words
- Presenting words within a meaningful context or theme
- Providing explicit definitions of words
- Scaffolding children’s language through meaningful feedback
Teachers should also think about what type of questions they are asking their students. Using a variety of opened ended questions allow the students to have meaningful conversation, which will then improve a students vocabulary. Here are a list of question prompts:
- Can you tell me more about…?
- Explain why….; Describe what….
- I wonder why…?
- Can you tell me why you think or feel that way?
- What else can you say about …?