Monday, July 7, 2014

Manic Monday Freebie and Made-It Monday



   I'm joining two of my favorite bloggers for their linky parties. First I'm joining 4th Grade Frolics for Monday Made it. Then I'm joining Classroom Freebies for Manic Monday.




This is one of the computer chairs from my class! It was given to us from another school and needs a lot of love! It has a lot of stains. 


The stuffing is coming out on the sides. 


The chair was pretty easy to fix. We stretched out the existing fabric and re-stapled it to the chair.


Here is an action shot of my wonderful husband and father-in-law using the staple gun to attach my new fabric. 


Here is the final result! The total cost was $4.22 for the fabric at Joann's Fabric. Teachers always get 15% off at Joann's, and they can sign you up at the register, or you can sign up online. 






      Prefix and Suffixes are critical for vocabulary instruction. I've created prefix cards for instruction in my classroom. Each page has a prefix and then its definition. I created zebra for myself, but I also created a couple of others for my non-zebra loving fans. Click on the pictures below to grab the freebies. They could be used on word walls, a center, or for whole group instruction. 


Zebra themed common prefixes with definitions 
Heart themed common prefixes with definitions

Poka Dot themed common prefixes with definitions


                  Be sure to head over to Classroom Freebies to check out the other freebies!