Thursday, July 24, 2014

Technology Tuesday







        I am joining Teaching Trio for Technology Thursday. I am going to share my go to sites and apps that I use in my classroom on a regular basis. 


Remind

     Remind (aka Remind 101) is a awesome site/app that I use in my classroom and for the extra-curricula activities I sponsor. I love Remind for the following reasons: 

  1. It is completely Free! 
  2. I can text parents without giving out my personal phone number. 
  3. I can schedule texts ahead of time. 
  4. I can send messages from my computer or my smart phone.


Teaching Channel
     
The Teaching Channel is a great site to go for new ideas to use in your classroom. I love The Teaching Channel for the following reasons: 

  1. It is completely Free! 
  2. I can watch other teachers in action doing actually lessons. 
  3. I can download teacher's lessons and handouts that they used in the videos 


Kahoot


        The last site I am going to share is Kahoot! This site is a game-based response system. Using any device in your classroom that can access the Internet your students can answer questions. I love Kahoot for the following reasons: 

    1. It is completely Free! 
    2. It is Internet based, therefor I do not have to have a specific device. 
    3. It provides instant feedback and you can download files for data. 
    4. Students love it! ( I use it for group review games) 



         I'd love to know what are some of your favorite sites/apps. Please share them below!